AnsweredAssumed Answered

Invoice Solution Calculation Help

Question asked by ChristofferRexen_1 on Oct 7, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 by erolst

Hello everyone,

Please, take a look at the attached picture.

It's a portal for my Invoicelines, for my Invoice Solution for an insurance company, although I've hit a wall.

There is 3 fields in the portal.

Line - Description - Amount

Now, I want the "Amount" (number field), to auto-calculate a bunch of different things, based on what is standing in the "Description" field.

Say "Description" says "Netpremium" or "Grosspremium" (Line 1, "Nettopræmie") the "Amount" field, should only paste in the pure cost for the insurance policy.

Now, my company would like to get a 15% "Fee" (Line 2, "Honorar") of this "Netpremium" or "Grosspremium", so I would like the "Amount" field in the portal to calculate a 15% fee based on line 1, "Netpremium" / "Nettopræmie".

The calculation for calculating the Fee is on place, although I can't seem to get the "Amount" field, to calculate correctly since it's a new invoiceline / new record, with a blank "Amount" field.

I can't seem to find, a solution on how to do this.. Any help please?

Now, since the solution needs to be waterproof, I would love if possible, so regardless of the "Invoiceline" (1, 2, 3), it would calculate correct anyhow - say a user does not type "Netpremium" or "Grosspremium" in line 1, but line 4 or somewhere complete else.

Is it possible?

Is there another or better Invoice / Invoiceline / Invoice calculation solution?

Please feel free to yell, if you need any more help, I'm in desperate need!

Best regards,

Christoffer

Outcomes