5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 10:23 AM by rgordon

Single Checkbox

jackmac

Hi all,

I have a single checkbox on a layout - it's for simple 'Yes' or 'No'. The field title is self-explanatory so no need for a label beside the checkbox.  Sadly, I can't remove the text beside the checkbox. (I set it up to use a 1 or 0 fro yes or no and it shows the checkbox with the text '1' beside it.

Any ideas how I can remove this and just have just the checkbox?

TIA

Jack

• 1. Re: Single Checkbox
          Mike_Mitchell

Make the field small enough so the associated text doesn't show.

Use a single space (" ") as the value on the field.

Set the text color to match the background.

• 2. Re: Single Checkbox
            jackmac

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestions... if I make the field smaller, I can't see the checkbox itself and I need to see the 'check' or not. I'm importing data from a previous database so the field itself has lots of '1' or '0'. The layout is a list format so when I select the row, unfortunately the text will show up when the row is selected.  I was looking at a way to possibly just remove the text itself if possible.

• 3. Re: Single Checkbox
              Mike_Mitchell

jackmac wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestions... if I make the field smaller, I can't see the checkbox itself and I need to see the 'check' or not. I'm importing data from a previous database so the field itself has lots of '1' or '0'. The layout is a list format so when I select the row, unfortunately the text will show up when the row is selected.  I was looking at a way to possibly just remove the text itself if possible.

You can make the field smaller. Use the Inspector to adjust its size instead of the mouse. Or turn off the grids.

Or just use another layout to replace the "1" with a blank space and the "0" with null.

Or turn off the "active field" highlight option in the Inspector.

Or set the text color to null (instead of matching the background color).

• 4. Re: Single Checkbox
                jackmac

Hi Mike,

Changing the size of the field itself did the trick... should have thought of that!!

Thanks for the correct pointer!

Jack

• 5. Re: Single Checkbox
                  rgordon

Jack, I find the best way to do this is to increase the padding on the left side of the checkbox field. This will push the text to the right.