3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 5:43 AM by erolst

Go to last portal row on two portals on entry to layout

Stu412

Hi there

I have a layout which has two portals on it both from the same child table, but with differing filters to display different information.  I want to ensure the cursor is located on the last portal row of each portal to highlight to the user they can enter new records, so I've used a pretty simple On Entry script:

• Go to Object [Object Name: "Adjustments Portal"]
      • Go to Portal Row [Select; Last]
      • Go to Object [Object Name: "Listings Portal"]
      • Go to Portal Row [Select; Last]

The problem is that the first two lines are ignored when the second two lines are added.

So, if I tell it ONLY to go to the last record of the Adjustments Portal, it will.  However, when I then tell it to change objects and go to the last record of the Listings Portal AFTER the previous step, the effect of the previous step is removed as if nothing has happened, and instead it goes ONLY to the last record of the Listings Portal.

I've tried to split it into two scripts and this did not work.  Interestingly enough, while running in debug mode, the script works (although I do have to step through the debug stages twice until the debug window is empty, which seems odd).

So, it works in debug mode, but not in normal mode.

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated, thanks.