AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMS 13 and 14 Admin console web server fails to start on server boot?

Question asked by BruceHerbach on Oct 12, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 by BruceHerbach

I have two Mac Mini Development servers.  One runs FMS 13 and the other FMS 14.  Last week I was away on vacation,  so shut both servers down for the week.  In both cases FMS was shut down before the server was shut down.  This morning I powered them up.  When I did, the FMS admin console web server failed to start.  the result of this is you can't run the Web admin console.   On the 13 server I tried the fmsadmin command line tool. This reported that the service wasn't available.

On the 14 server a single reboot, restored the server's admin console web server and everything appears normal now.  Checking the log didn't show any errors.

On the 13 server,  it took 3 reboots before the server service started.  Again the log didn't show any warning or errors.

Has anyone else run into this?  Should I report it as a bug?  The servers are only shut down when I know I'm going to be away for an extended period.  So it is a minor issue.  It would be great if the server started up correctly when the server booted up.

Suggestions or feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Outcomes