2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 7:51 AM by BruceHerbach

FMS 13 and 14 Admin console web server fails to start on server boot?

BruceHerbach

I have two Mac Mini Development servers.  One runs FMS 13 and the other FMS 14.  Last week I was away on vacation,  so shut both servers down for the week.  In both cases FMS was shut down before the server was shut down.  This morning I powered them up.  When I did, the FMS admin console web server failed to start.  the result of this is you can't run the Web admin console.   On the 13 server I tried the fmsadmin command line tool. This reported that the service wasn't available.

On the 14 server a single reboot, restored the server's admin console web server and everything appears normal now.  Checking the log didn't show any errors.

On the 13 server,  it took 3 reboots before the server service started.  Again the log didn't show any warning or errors.

Has anyone else run into this?  Should I report it as a bug?  The servers are only shut down when I know I'm going to be away for an extended period.  So it is a minor issue.  It would be great if the server started up correctly when the server booted up.

Suggestions or feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks