4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 3:56 PM by sumaschu

Summary Chart on 1st Page ONLY?!

sumaschu

Hey All,

Dumb question #543.  I have a sumary chart that covers all the records within a table, which is what I want.  However, can only seem to get the chart to work correctly if I put it in the Part "Header".  In doing that, the chart now prints at the top of every page.  This explodes the number of pages to print, since each page now has the chart on it at the top.  Is there a way to have a chart include the entire table's records without having to print the chart at the top of each page?  My current report is about 27 pages with the chart on each page.  Without the chart on each page (with it only on the first page), the report would probably be 4 or 5 pages.  I currently have the following parts on the layout: Header, Sub-summary, Body, and Footer.  See below:Chart ScreenShot.png

As always, thanks!

Mark <><

• 1. Re: Summary Chart on 1st Page ONLY?!
          erolst

Try a Title Header?

• 2. Re: Summary Chart on 1st Page ONLY?!
            sumaschu

Erolst,

As always, thanks!  Putting the chart in the Title Header absolutely resolved the issue! 

However, for the novice user, should warn you that the chart is no longer visible in the "List View."  This can easily cause some confusion, so be alert!

Thanks again Erolst!

Mark <><

• 3. Re: Summary Chart on 1st Page ONLY?!
              erolst

sumaschu wrote:

However, for the novice user, should warn you that the chart is no longer visible in the "List View."  This can easily cause some confusion, so be alert!

Do you mean List or Table view? Also, do you mean the chart object, or the entire Title Header proper?

• 4. Re: Summary Chart on 1st Page ONLY?!
                sumaschu

Erolst,

Thanks for the clarification of what I meant by my "the chart is no longer visible in the List View" comment.  Am going to list out all three Views and both modes below just to make sure all the bases are covered:

Both the chart object and Title Header appear in the Form View, both preview and non-preview modes.  Neither the chart object nor the Title Header appear in the Table View, both preview and non-preview modes, as one would probably expect.  However, in the List View, there is a difference.  Both the chart object and Title Header appear in the preview mode when in List View.  Neither the chart object nor the Title Header appear in the non-preview mode when in List View.

Let me know if this needs more clarification.

Again, thank you Erolst!

Mark <><