3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 9:04 PM by bigtom

PSOS problems

bigtom

I have a script to run via PSOS. All the script steps are valid for Server. The script performs exactly as expected on FMP.

The script evaluates fields in two ESS databases for being empty and sets other fields based that condition. The following is the problem area. Please be assured the rest of the needed things to run PSOS have been handled.

IF [ not isempty (ESS1::field1)]

Go to Object [ ESS1field2]

SetField ["1"]

EndIf

IF [ not isempty (ESS2::field1)]

Go to Object [ ESS2field2]

SetField ["1"]

EndIf

ESS1 seems to not evaluate properly and the field is never set. I have added a number pauses in various places to get it to work but that is not the answer. I also moved the ESS1 If to run after ESS2 and still the same problem. ESS2 evaluates and works, but ESS1 never does. Again, running on client it works perfectly. It seems it is not about the timing but that there is a problem evaluating for ESS1 on the server.

Any ideas why the server is having trouble with this? The client also runs faster, but that may be because the ESS connection is already established.

• 1. Re: PSOS problems
          bigtom

So the trend with FM14 seems to be just do it exactly the same again and it might work.

Another case of this here. I made another script from scratch exactly the same as the previous one and it works just fine on Server. I really like FM... when it works.

• 2. Re: PSOS problems
            user19752

Somethings I noticed,

1) You may use another table than layout source, how related to ESS1?

2) Why do you use  "Go to Object", not set the filed name into "Set Field"?

3) Is the DSN same for ESS1 and ESS2?

• 3. Re: PSOS problems
              bigtom

user19752 wrote:

Somethings I noticed,

1) You may use another table than layout source, how related to ESS1?

They are related with a key field through an ESS Parent table.

2) Why do you use  "Go to Object", not set the filed name into "Set Field"?

Because the ODBC ESS table is one big table with ID, Parent ID, Key, and Value fields only. The fields are in filtered portals to show the correct records. Since there are more than one of the same named ESS::Value fields on the layout Go to Object is the easiest way to get to each one quickly.

3) Is the DSN same for ESS1 and ESS2?

Different DSN's.

This really was just a FM glitch, which has been happening too often in FM14.