2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 7:14 AM by steveromig

FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced "Trial" problems

tonyfann

I've been a FMP 14 Pro user since it debuted. Recently I wanted to test FMP 14 Advanced, and downloaded what claims it is a "Trial" from the appropriate page on the FM site. Two problems:

1) When I installed the "Trial" if appeared to be only FMP 14, and this overwrote my copy of FMP 14, effectively turning my paid FMP 14 into a "Trial".

2) When I uninstalled the "Trial" and attempted to reestablish my paid version, no matter what I do it's still acting like a trial version. And yes, I followed the uninstall instructions exactly.

So the "Trial" acts like malware. Any ideas for getting back my real FMP 14?

2013 MacBook Pro

• 1. Re: FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced "Trial" problems
          FileKraft

hi tonyfann

i don't see a link for downloading an "Advanded Trial"

To get your non-trial back you just need to reinstall it with your serial number. or enter it into the Trial without uninstalling the Trial.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced "Trial" problems
            steveromig

Tony Fanning wrote:

I've been a FMP 14 Pro user since it debuted. Recently I wanted to test FMP 14 Advanced, and downloaded what claims it is a "Trial" from the appropriate page on the FM site. Two problems:

1) When I installed the "Trial" if appeared to be only FMP 14, and this overwrote my copy of FMP 14, effectively turning my paid FMP 14 into a "Trial".

2) When I uninstalled the "Trial" and attempted to reestablish my paid version, no matter what I do it's still acting like a trial version. And yes, I followed the uninstall instructions exactly.

So the "Trial" acts like malware. Any ideas for getting back my real FMP 14?

2013 MacBook Pro

As others have already mentioned, there is not a trial for FileMaker Pro Advanced.  If you already had a copy of FileMaker Pro installed the trial would have installed over it.  But you can simply install over the trial using your valid license key and all should be good again.  You can use the trial installer or the original installer to re-install FileMaker Pro. 

During the re-installation you will be prompted to enter your license key - if you aren't then you are using an installer (like the trial installer) that has a pre-existing "assisted install.txt" file that likely has a license key in it.  Simply move that file out of there or edit it with your existing "shipping" license key.

For more information about the "assisted install.txt" file, see here.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7099/

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.