5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2015 5:05 PM by mardikennedy

web publishing engine needs regular re-booting

raycon

Hello,

We have a problem in that the web publishing engine needs regular (every few days more or less) re-booting and I am wondering if this could be caused by port conflict?  The funny thing is that it's only started happening since we upgraded from FMS13 to FMS14.

All help gratefully acknowledged.

Cheers,

Ray

• 1. Re: web publishing engine needs regular re-booting
          mikebeargie

please provide hardware and OS details.

Have you done port monitoring to check and see if any other service is conflicting on your network?

Are you rebooting because it's unresponsive on the server itself? Or just because it's unresponsive on the LAN/WAN? EG can you connect to WPE on the server itself when the conflict happens?

• 2. Re: web publishing engine needs regular re-booting
            raycon

Sorry Mike, I didn't mean to ignore you, but am having trouble finding my way around this new discussion format.  Also, and more importantly, I know little about the server side so I sent your questions on to our IT guy and so far no response.  He's noted for that unfortunately.

I don't know how to do port monitoring, but interestingly the problem seems to have gone away.  I found a discussion today regarding a certain layout error which was crashing web direct, and am now trying my way around that.

When this error happens,  i can still connect to the Filemaker server via iOS and desktop clients, it's only web direct clients which are affected.  The symptom is that it starts "loading" and doesn't go any further when you attempt to open a solution via webd.  The solution has been to re-boot the web server from within the FM console.

• 3. Re: web publishing engine needs regular re-booting
              mikebeargie

It could possibly be something that is layout related. If you suspect a layout you might want to build a new one just to see. I'm not sure how built-out for WD interface is, but I've always recommended developing a set of layouts exclusively for WD, in cases where FMP clients will also connect.

• 4. Re: web publishing engine needs regular re-booting
                raycon

I finally received the following from our IT guy, who is being less than helpful.

image001.png

• 5. Re: web publishing engine needs regular re-booting
                  mardikennedy

I know it was a problem that was discovered fairly soon after the release of v14.  Try searching on Carl Horton as he was following it closely - I'm not sure if it is finally fixed.  (It wasn't with the first updater.)