2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 5:22 PM by beverly

FMS 12 to FMS 14 migration; porting for Schedules?

beverly

1. This KB talks about 11/12 to another machine:

Saving and loading schedules and groups | FileMaker

2. the fm14_getting_started.pdf (p. 67) says this:

Because of file encryption changes, you cannot load a FileMaker Server 12 Schedules and Groups settings file directly into FileMaker Server 14. If you want to retain the schedules and groups that you used in FileMaker Server 12, load your FileMaker Server 12 Schedules and Groups settings file into FileMaker Server 13, then save the information into a

FileMaker Server 13 Schedules and Groups settings file. A FileMaker Server 13 Schedules and Groups settings file can be loaded directly into FileMaker Server 14.

3. Client is going from FMS12 directly to FMS14 (windows). I have FM Dev lic for FMS13 (macintosh).

4. here are the questions!

a. Can I get the saved schedule (FMS12, Windows), load onto my Machine (FMS13, Macintosh) and save to eventually load onto their FMS14 (windows)?

b. does this only migrate schedules or do other settings come over?

p.s. yes we have FMPA14 to convert the databases, I'm trying to avoid screenshots to rely on rebuilding the FMS Admin settings.

Thanks!

beverly

• 1. Re: FMS 12 to FMS 14 migration; porting for Schedules?
          RosemaryTietge

a. Can I get the saved schedule (FMS12, Windows), load onto my Machine (FMS13, Macintosh) and save to eventually load onto their FMS14 (windows)?

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Just be careful if you have other schedules as part of your development server license.

b. does this only migrate schedules or do other settings come over?

All that the exported file contains are schedules and administrator groups. You should make note of all other settings (folders, security, etc.) and will need to transfer them manually to the new server. From the FileMaker Server Getting Started Guide p. 63

Before moving an existing installation of FileMaker Server to another machine, start FileMaker Server Admin Console (see “Starting Admin Console” on page 52 for FileMaker Server 14). For FileMaker Server 12, note the settings in the Configuration pane. For FileMaker Server 13 and 14, note the settings in the General Settings, Database Server, and Web Publishing panes.

regards,

Rosemary

• 2. Re: FMS 12 to FMS 14 migration; porting for Schedules?
            beverly

Gracias! Client will making screen shots. 

-- sent from myPhone --

Beverly Voth

--