2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 4:38 AM by wimdecorte

Here There Be Dragons - Windows Server 2012 and FMS 13, 14

StephenWonfor

Hi

...well, dragons because I dwell in the Mac world but occasionally find myself at the edge of the world.  Sorting out Windows has some complications for my approximate expertise in server operations.

Client has a server running Windows 2012 Server R2.  FMS 13 has been happily running on it for about 6 months.  Over the past few days we have been trying to enable WebDirect on it - with marginal to no success (depends on standards here).  We have looked at FileMaker Server 13 Technology Tests Pages Display Error 404 | FileMaker that suggests removal of a number of apps, uninstall then reinstall of FMS 13.  Further sleuthing reveals that FMS 13 is not certified for Windows 2012 Server R2 while FMS 14 is - clearly a possible culprit.  Since client is licensed for FMS 14 we are thinking about uninstalling FMS 13 and installing FMS 14.  Would we need to follow these guideline for the install?  Will FMS 14 install what is needed when it is needed?

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Uninstall the following from the Programs & Features Module:

FileMaker Server 13

MS Application Request Routing

IIS URL Rewrite Module

Microsoft External Cache

Microsoft Web Farm Framework

Reinstall FileMaker Server 13.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

Stephen

"I never said most of the things I said." ~Yogi Berra