Thank you for your post.
Our Development and Testing teams would like to see a copy of your file to determine what is causing the slowdown. I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.
In your script, if you include a Refresh Object script step specifying the "Qty Total" field, does that have any effect?
What version of FileMaker Pro 14 are you using? What operating system and version is being used?
- Use FMA 13 v3
- Imposible send file.
Replace with ExecuteSQL and ok, the problem , ... uncertainty about which part it is not working. (+400 Script)
sorry FMA 14 v3
If you add a Refresh Window, Flush everything, to the end of the script, does it work?
...in FM13 It worked perfect
(01) SCRIPT : TRANSFER ( Parameter : id, Qty )
- Set variable [ $aux ; Get (ScriptParameter) ]
- go object (portalB)
- Set field [ portal_B::id ; GetValue ($aux ; 1) ]
- Set field [ portal_B::Qty ; GetValue ($aux ; 2) ]
Run Script [ PUT Qty_Total ]
(02) SCRIPT : PUT Qty_Total
If ( Sum (portal_B::qty > 0) )
Set Field [ Qty_Total ; Round ( Sum ( portal_B::qty ) ; 0) ]
Set Field [ Qty_Total ; "" ]
in FM14 v3 ERROR, the last record of the portal is not added
**** pulse the bottom transfer one by one (fast),... ¿ It may be a problem of: incompleteness script execution ?
Is there a reason why you don't make Qty_Total a Calculation field?
If you include a Refresh Object script step, at the end of "Put Qty_Total", does it help?
<< s there a reason why you don't make Qty_Total a Calculation field?
- impairs performance.
- If I want to create a report with all the records, you must pre-calculate all the related record.
- Increases the dependence between tables -> try (if possible) to separate code / data.
- There are commands precisely to avoid this dependence, ... they should work without surprises between versions.
<< If you include a Refresh Object script step, at the end of "Put Qty_Total", does it help?
- No help,... not a problem of refresh.
Whats a strange result for so simple operation !
If you perform the script within Script debugger does it work ?
Hi Fred, ...in Script Debugger continuous error.
- here, Data Viewer shows that the value is not updated Sum (), after commit, ... Sum(nv_ITEMs::SubTotal) ... continued in 115,000.
I know it was suggested previously multiple times here but i am not about sure if tried or nor :
Refresh window (all box checked)
Not saying it is not a bug but i had strange situation like that, rarely, in the past were a such extra step was unexpectedly required.
I even reported at least one refresh bug here regarding to refresh of portals and were the refresh object/portal/window didn't help although performing to commit records prior... so it is the winning couple.
Oh and What about to see the List() Function in data viewer ?
… that's from the FileMaker 'Magic-Voodoo-Box'
Commit, Refresh (with/without clear cash), sometimes a Pause even for 0,2 seconds can do the trick.
Yelling at your computer screen, maybe …
Retrieving data ...