1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 11:42 AM by TKnTexas

Send Email

TKnTexas

I want to set up a simple database.  To track credit memos owed back to us from a particular vendor.  I have the fields I need. 

When I use the Send Mail menu option, I will script it later, I get an error that default mail client has not been set up.  I am on Win7 Professional using Outlook 2010 (version 14.0.7159.5000).

It ends with "UNKNOWN ERROR -1". 
      I have set Outlook as the default (it is the only mail client on the machine). 

The last time I used the SEND MAIL was with version 11.  It all worked first time.  That was one WinXP and Outlook 2003.  I had zero issues.  When I scripted this, I did so on my MacBook with FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced.  It worked perfectly.  I used a runtime on the XP with Outlook 2003.  I have tried to Google it to get help.

• 1. Re: Send Email
          TKnTexas

I have done some more research into my issue, that it could be a 32bit/64bit issue.  My copy of FMPro 13 Standard is running as 32bit.  As my Outlook does not indicate, it much be 64bit.

When I installed my Win7 was 64bit.  Is FileMaker Pro 13 Standard a 64bit application?