sounds strange.. Are there any 3.party apps involved (Firewall, blockers, TimeMachine, Indexing..)?
we've had problems using the updater under Windows - there, using the full instllaller from the website where we got the original download helped
an updater should do just one thing: Updating - without one single issue... We've had some troubles in the past, and reading one single posting from a problematic run will people having to hesitate )-:
Thank you for your post.
It is possible the update did not install properly. Therefore, I highly recommend contacting our Technical Support department as they can walk you through the installation. Since this is an installation issue, you will not be charged. If you are in North America, call toll-free 800-325-2747. If you are outside of North America, contact the FileMaker office nearest you.
the phone number from Switzerland is 043 55 79 035, a local number, will call the german supporters in the UK
as mentioned a couple of times in Hamburg (FileMaker Konferenz), the support team is really great - and it could really be that something is wrong with the updater (btw. the support from the TSStuff here is also superbe!)
Thank you TSGal and Markus for advise. Got in touch with Tech Support.
That's how I managed to install FMS 14.0.3 (following Tech Support's advise):
- Close databases and shut down existing FMS server installation
- Make copies of databases
- Erase installation of FSM 14.0.2 by using the "delete installation" option of the installer file
- Use a full installer (the updater won't do) of FMS 14.0.3
- Start installation and select http port 8080 and https port 4443 since 80 and 443 were already in use.
- Copie databases back in appropriate server folder