2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 8:57 AM by hickam

FMA 14v3 still crashes when quitting on El Capitan

desktoporga_fba

MacBook Pro Mid 2012,16GB, OSX El Capitan:

FileMaker 14.0v3 on El Capitan is still crashing unexpected when quitting FileMaker.

This behavior is in the known issues liste of 14v1 and 14v2  - but no longer on the known issues list of 14.v3.

Can anybody confirm this behavior for FMA14.v3?

I will not recommend this configuration to my customers when I have to explain the crashes of FM.

• 1. Re: FMA 14v3 still crashes when quitting on El Capitan
          steveromig

MacBook Pro Mid 2012,16GB, OSX El Capitan:

FileMaker 14.0v3 on El Capitan is still crashing unexpected when quitting FileMaker.

This behavior is in the known issues liste of 14v1 and 14v2  - but no longer on the known issues list of 14.v3.

Can anybody confirm this behavior for FMA14.v3?

I will not recommend this configuration to my customers when I have to explain the crashes of FM.

First of all, keep in mind that 14.0.1 and 14.0.2 were not compatible with El Capitan so it is expected that there would be some issues.

As for 14.0.3, this is the first version of FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Pro Advanced that are compatible with El Capitan.  There was "a" issue that was resolved in 14.0.3 when the application was closed when more than one window was open.

So other than a compatibility issue with plugins that might affect closing the application, this is the only reported issue that I am aware of.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMA 14v3 still crashes when quitting on El Capitan
            hickam

I have a customer that just got a new imac with El Capitan loaded. I installed 14.0.3 to insure compatibility but she is having problems with crashing. FMP14 appears to crash intermittently even when FMP is in the background and she is working in a different app. She is not having any problems outside of FileMaker. Is anybody else having this problem?

Jim Hickam

HDS, Inc.