2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2015 1:34 PM by HB

find script references to a field

HB

Is there any easy way (rather than reading every script) to find all instances of a field referenced in scripts? I have a particular field called "Hours" in a table named "Current" that I do not want to use any more. I want to use the "Minutes" field from the "Ongoing" table from now on but I want to be sure I have all the references such set field values or even references in set variable or even references inside an email script step. Is that possible?

• 1. Re: find script references to a field
          erolst

If you have FM Advanced, you can generate a Database Design Report, which tells you (among lots of other stuff) where every field is being used: a nice little list that you can process (manually…).

If you “only“ have FM Pro, try to delete the field; if it is referenced in a script, you will see a message to that effect. Replace the reference (i.e. use your Minutes field instead of the Hours – and don't forget that you will need to change the logic) and repeat until no message appears.

Admittedly, a bit cumbersome, but better than doing it “by hand“ …

• 2. Re: find script references to a field
            HB

erolst

Thanks - I was just looking into that - wow - a lot of data to weed thru - but - as you say - its still better than opening each individually (yes I have advanced)