3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2015 4:29 PM by Raymond

help with Table Occurrence

Raymond

I need some assistance in capturing data from the tables pol_insurer_PREMIUM and POLICYNO.

Policy table >  Select the Insurer from drop down list to capture the foreign key in the Policy table.

This makes the relationship between the policy table and the selected insurer.

In selecting the sums insured in the policy table from a list I then need to set the premium and Payable that relates to the sums insured.

The start date selects the month which then should capture the Insurer Policy No from the table pol_insurer_POLICVYNO

Refer to attached TOG

• 1. Re: help with Table Occurrence
          Extensitech

I'm not sure I follow, so please bear with me and clarify if I've totally misunderstood.

Could you not directly relate POL_Policy to pol_insurer_PREMIUM and pol_insurer_POLICYno? Both relationships would be where _fk_insurerID = __ID_insurer. (Well, I see one has a second underscore, by I think you see what I mean?)

You could then add start date to whichever relationship, and I'm thinking the challenge is that that's in the POL table? (I actually can't see that field anywhere in the image.)

Please let me know if we're on the right track, here.

Chris Cain

Extensitech

• 2. Re: help with Table Occurrence
            Raymond

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time tho look.

History I set this up 10 years ago without the need for the insurer table.

When a new record is created in the policy table the first thing that we need to do is select an insurer.Eg Lumley

• 3. Re: help with Table Occurrence
              Raymond

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time tho look.(Previous email sent by accident).

I set this up 10 years ago without the need for the insurer table. I now need to include this table as there are more than one insurer involved. each Insurer has its own Unique policy number for each month. and premium band for values from $5,000 in steps to 1,00 to $30,000.

I have added an “_” to the relevant fields to make them visible in the POL_POLICY table.

When a new record is created in the policy table, we need to select an insurer.from the list. Each insurer will have a unique number for each month which we will add a serial number to form the (BrokersPolNo_c). The sum Insured relates to the value of the item in POL_POLICY When this is selected then we can grab a value for Premium & Payable from the Pol_insurer_PREMIUM .

I have included an updated TOG.

Hopefully this makes it easier to understand. I do not have a lot of experience in this area and I seem to have got myself a little confused.

Cheers Raymond