Product and version FileMaker Pro Advanced14.0.3
OS and version: W8.1 / W10
When I send mail using client mail (outlook 32 bit), if I save (and do not send mail immediately), often program hangs
Is FileMaker Pro 14.0.3 installed also a 32-bit version ?
Yes, sorry, missed this information
FM Pro Advanced is 32 bit version.
Normally mail are ok (had troubles with 14.01).
Issues only happens sometimes when I save instead of sending
Sorry i misred you first post : are you meaning that the choice you maid in outlook app is crashing FileMaker or Outlook ?
I think return message form mail client is missing or sometimes misred by FM
And finally, FileMaker is crashing or Outlook is crashing ?
only FM is crashing
Outlook is running and mail is correctly in draft folder
Thank you for your posts.
What script step(s) follow the Send Mail step?
You mention that this "only happens sometimes when I save instead of sending". Is that 10% of the time? 50%?
What actions were you doing prior to the crash?
Is this a hosted file or a local file?
Does this occur when using FileMaker Pro for some time? When using the solution after "x" amount of time? I'm trying to determine if this is memory related.
Is the script called from a specific layout or multiple layouts? If multiple layouts, do you notice if a specific layout causes the crash more than another layout?
Any other information you can provide may be helpful.
thanks for your answer.
clarifications required are not easy since the issue is aleatory
- A number of script and instructions follow send mail, because records are marked as sent, then action is logged, then user is taken to previous screen to continue normal work
- I would say 20%
- normally program export a document and compile mail fields variable
- it is a local desktop file
- I would say it is not time related. Program normally is open the whole day and issue can occur never to 2/3 times
- Sending script is always launched from same specific layout
I told people to try to notice any additional information. I will provide as available.
Retrieving data ...