AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem Enabling Web Publishing on FMS 14 (Win2012R2)

Question asked by dreed on Oct 19, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 by dreed

Hi All,

I've been mostly running FMS12 on a VMWare box for several years with no trouble, but now I'd like to update to the latest server and have had IT spin up a fresh VM running 2012R2 for me.  I can enable IIS with the default website as mentioned in the getting started, and run the FMS installer and deployment assistant to completion except when I have any Web Publishing checked during deployment (or during edit deployment if I try to enable it after the fact).

During the deployment assistant, right after choosing "single or multi machine" deployment, the deployment assistant will hang and become unresponsive.  I can see error messages appear on the hung assistant saying:

SETUP: PRECONFIGURE WEB SERVER: passed

Test web server (http://127.0.0.1:8080/fmi-test/test.xml): Error code = 500

This seems to indicate some kind of internal error, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I use port 80 or 8080 or whatever on the FMWebSite that appears in IIS Manager on FMS install.  There definitely seems to be a screw up in IIS with regard to the FMWebSite, and any help troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dana

Outcomes