1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 5:33 AM by c0nsilience

Potential client wants a messaging system (not IM) for their clients....thoughts?

c0nsilience

Hey Devs,

A client that I've done work for in the past, wants to incorporate a customer-facing portal (Web Direct) where their customers can log in to send messages to staff/departments and upload files to different areas of the DB.

My rather limited experience with messaging on the FM platform has been almost exclusively with incorporating SeedCode's FMchat.

I know FM is limited, in large part, to our imagination, but what potential pitfalls do you see with a project like this?  As very experienced developers, is it something that you would take on without hesitation or would you steer them toward third-party applications?

As always, any/all insight is most welcome!

• 1. Re: Potential client wants a messaging system (not IM) for their clients....thoughts?
          c0nsilience

Gentlemen,

I would like to be able to make a referral to my client to one of you developer's that (a) can handle this and (b) needs the work.  I've got a bit much on my plate right now and this is beyond my level of experience with FM as I don't think integrating FMChat is stellar experience for something like this.

The client is a doctor in a medical clinic in Los Angeles.

So, if you do have experience with creating something akin to this in FM 13/14, please send me a private message and I will most definitely put you in touch with them.  They are wanting to get the ball rolling on this asap!