2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 4:30 PM by skashanchi

Can You Have Radio Buttons without Labels?

skashanchi

I have a status field that has 3 mutually exclusive choices associated with it, so I am using a Radio button Set associated with a value list that provides those three choices:

Wet

Cancelled

Other/Stolen

In the detail layout I have these displayed and there is no problem. But in my list view I am very much restricted in terms of space, so I have many of my field labels abbreviated. How would I display this same field and the 3 radio buttons w/o any labels next to them? So I would like to get something like this:

W     C     O

Ò     Ò     Ò

Where my one letter labels are just text in the column headings in the header area and the radio buttons have no text (label) next to them at all.

• 1. Re: Can You Have Radio Buttons without Labels?
          erolst

If you display the field vertically, the answer is easy: make the field so narrow that the native VL items disappear, and only the buttons are visible.

Displaying it horizontally (as in your example) takes a bit more work; you may think (well, I did …) that you can take the vertical, narrow field and rotate it; alas, on entry the field will (temporarily) snap back to its original orientation.

Solution: create three value lists, each one with a single entry from the original value list; apply them to three copies of the field, then use the “vertical solution” – make the narrow.

skashanchi wrote:

But in my list view I am very much restricted in terms of space

Or use a popup / dropdown …?

• 2. Re: Can You Have Radio Buttons without Labels?
            skashanchi

Thanks.

Yeah, that seems like more work that is worth. I think I will just use a popup. This is a special case type of field anyway, so when needed, user can just choose. Not really necessary to see all 3 choices.