3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 10:13 AM by dobunzli

Checkbox set text return

dobunzli

Hello,

I wish to display some text of a checkbox set on multiple lines so that it doesn't get truncated because my text field is too small.

See attached picture

Is this possible to get the text returned at the line without creating a new checkbox line ?

The list is based on a custom value list like this

Troubles du métabolisme

Obésité des adultes (indice de masse corporelle > 30) et maladies concomitantes causées par le surpoids ou combinées à ce dernier

Obésité des enfants et adolescents (indice de masse corporelle > 97e percentile). Ou indice de masse corporelle > 90e percentile et maladies concomitantes causées par le surpoids ou combinées à ce dernier, selon l'annexe 1 chapitre 4 OPAS

It should show something like this:

CHECKBOX Troubles du métabolisme

CHECKBOX Obésité des adultes (indice de masse corporelle > 30) et maladies concomitantes causées par le surpoids ou combinées à ce dernier

CHECKBOX Obésité des enfants et adolescents (indice de masse corporelle > 97e percentile). Ou indice de masse corporelle > 90e percentile et maladies concomitantes causées par le surpoids ou combinées à ce dernier, selon l'annexe 1 chapitre 4 OPAS

Thanks very much in advance for your suggestions.

• 1. Re: Checkbox set text return
          siplus

I'd use a portal, with the lines dimensioned big enough to show a decent amount of text and the checkbox (say 2 lines).

The text field could have itself as tooltip, so just by hovering over, one gets the whole description. Of course, clicking in the field reveals the whole text anyway. Make it a calc so that they can't accidentally change it.

I'd also add a code, so that given enough time users remember what the code is for and select the corresponding checkbox without need of hovering.

The checkbox can be escaped altogether if you add the code to a code list (by clicking on the portal line). At least that's the way we implemented ICD 10.

• 2. Re: Checkbox set text return
            user19752

You use custom value list, so you can make 3 value list each have 1 value, put 3 instance of a text field as checkbox that show check box only, apply each value list, then add text label of values right side of checkboxes (like field name is left side).

• 3. Re: Checkbox set text return
              dobunzli

Thanks very much both for your answers. For now I preferred to use user19752 solution.