2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 12:44 PM by jschaefer

FileMaker Runtime has stopped working

jschaefer

I have an extensive FileMaker 13 runtime solution that works very well in our Windows Server 2003/2008 environment.  I was wondering if anybody has deployed / has issues when running a runtime in a Windows Server 2012 R2.  We upgraded to a 2012 R2 file server.  Periodically, my users will have their runtime crash with the "FileMaker Runtime has stopped working" error.  Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: FileMaker Runtime has stopped working
          steveromig

I have an extensive FileMaker 13 runtime solution that works very well in our Windows Server 2003/2008 environment.  I was wondering if anybody has deployed / has issues when running a runtime in a Windows Server 2012 R2.  We upgraded to a 2012 R2 file server.  Periodically, my users will have their runtime crash with the "FileMaker Runtime has stopped working" error.  Any thoughts?

Note that Windows Server 2012 R2, and all other flavors of Windows Server are not certified to work with FileMaker Pro 13.  See here for the technical specifications for FileMaker Pro 13.

http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-pro/pro-13-specifications.html

So the fact that your runtime was running in a 2003 / 2008 environment is good news, it was certainly an environment that is not supported.

With that said, is there any pattern to the crashes?  When someone goes to a layout?  When someone runs a script?  Or does it appear to be random?

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker Runtime has stopped working
            jschaefer

It appears to be random.  These users are not running the pro version (in my experience pro works very well in all flavors of windows server and in the specifications it mentions that it works in the server environments). 

It is a specifically a compiled runtime.  People will leave the runtime open for extended periods of time.  Switch between other open applications (word, excel, outlook).  Come back to the application and kaboom (FileMaker Runtime has stopped working).