3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 11:01 AM by erolst

Summary and GetSummary fields issues in reports

renti

Hello,

I have 2 reports in my application that share the same problem when trying to obtain the totals:

Stock report:

i want to show these 3 fields:

stock value for each product = stock x product price --> no problem

stock quantity for each product categorie --> summary stock --> no problem

stock value for each product categorie --> not working

total stock value (all products in the warehouse) --> not working

i face the same problem for the employees payrolls:

payroll for each employee = hours x hourly wage --> no problem

monthly hours for all the employees  --> summary hours--> no problem

total monthly wages (sum of the wages for all the employees) --> not working

i´ve been trying with GetSummary fields but not luck untill now. i hope someone could help me out

• 1. Re: Summary and GetSummary fields issues in reports
          erolst

renti wrote:

Stock report:

i want to show these 3 fields:

stock value for each product = stock x product price --> no problem

stock quantity for each product categorie --> summary stock --> no problem

stock value for each product categorie --> not working

total stock value (all products in the warehouse) --> not working

You just need one single TotalOf summary field for stock value.

Add a sub-summary part sorted by Category, and place the summary field there to see the total value per category; place this field also into the footer or header to get the total value for all records.**

The crucial part here is to sort the found set by category, so the summary field in the sub-summary part by category shows the correct results.

**For a summary field, “All records” means the found set; so make sure that you indeed show all records in your report.

• 2. Re: Summary and GetSummary fields issues in reports
            renti

Hello Erolst,

the problem i think it´s in the stock field, because i can´t just calculate it using (itemIN - itemOUT),  i have to calculate it using:

GetSummary (s_Entrada_articulo; c_articulo) - GetSummary (s_Salida_articulo;  c_articulo), since each line in my report is a subsummary part (i´m not using the body part).

when i multiply this field for by the product price in each line, it works fine.

The problem is to get the totals for the stock value of a categorie or the Grand Summary stock value. At the moment i have to export to excel to get the totals....

• 3. Re: Summary and GetSummary fields issues in reports
              erolst

renti wrote:

the problem i think it´s in the stock field, because i can´t just calculate it using (itemIN - itemOUT),  i have to calculate it using:

GetSummary (s_Entrada_articulo; c_articulo) - GetSummary (s_Salida_articulo;  c_articulo), since each line in my report is a subsummary part (i´m not using the body part).

Obviously, I don't know your database, but you can try to

• create a balance calc field based on the direct (non summarized) values (I guess, Entrada_articulo - Salida_articulo), then

• create a summary field for that calc field

Or use this expression for the grand total:

GetSummary (s_Entrada_articulo ; s_Entrada_articulo ) -

GetSummary (s_Salida_articulo ; s_Salida_articulo )

Using the summary field itself as the break field returns the grand total.