1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 8:43 PM by stephensexton

Unable to view PDF with FileMaker 14v3

stephensexton

I have a client who is unable to view PDFs on two separate laptops that have been updated to OS X El Capitan and FMP 14v3.

The PDFs can be viewed in a container field, but not when optimised for interactive content.  An error appears:

Not Found (404)

File Not Found

I have removed 2 x Adobe plugins from 'Internet Plugins' and also Adobe Reader from Applications.

Emptied trash, Quit FileMaker and Restarted machine... same problem.

The same client also had problems scrolling PDFs in an interactive container field on a mac mini using OS X El Capitan and FMP 14v3.

This was fixed immediately after deleting 2 x Adobe plugins in the Internet Plugins folder.... but the issue of 'File not Found' remains with the laptops.

Has anyone else experienced this issue recently?  Any solutions or hints?

I thought these adobe issues were resolved in FM14.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards, Stephen Sexton

• 1. Re: Unable to view PDF with FileMaker 14v3
          stephensexton

I seem to have half resolved this issue.  Following a hint in another thread, when "Use SSL for progressive downloading" is checked in the FileMaker Server admin console (under 'Database Server > Security'), the customer was able to view PDFs in interactive container fields.  Turning this option off again, reproduced the problem.  Therefore, it appears to be the connection to the server that was causing the issue rather than a local conflict on the laptop.  I removed the favourite host that the customer was previously using to open their file, and instructed them to click on the local host instead, which enabled them to view PDFs within interactive container fields WITHOUT "Use SSL for progressive downloading" checked.

I still need to follow up with some issues relating to remote connectivity (still not allowing the customer to view PDFs in interactive container fields) and why this doesn't seem to be a problem for many other customers.