3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 4:39 AM by weasel

Creating different interfaces

weasel

Hi, I have been having some issues with Filemaker

I have created a database where I store my photographs, I have one main interface where I can add a description for each and I added a drop-down menu where I can select the type of photograph

however I would like to create two other interfaces that will only show one type of photographs

ex: I have "black and white" and "colour" in the menu

in one interface I would like to see only the b&w photos and in the other only the colour ones

also I would like to be able to research a specific photo in each of these cases, is that possible?

can someone remind me if it is possible to limit these interfaces only to research purposes?

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Creating different interfaces
          beverly

If you have the "type" already set with each photograph, you can FIND by that value and use one "interface" to show the results.

I think I would have your layout (for display) and have a global field (with the same drop-down used by Type). Then have a script trigger perform the actual find for that type.

To allow the use to "find" within a type (already selected), Constrain Find will do that.

But perhaps you need more than this?

beverly

• 2. Re: Creating different interfaces
            Mike_Mitchell

I'm with Beverly on this. If you need to customize the fields for the different types, you might want to consider using slide panels. You can name them in the Inspector and use the Go to Object script step to switch back and forth as appropriate (event as you just scroll from record to record) to remove inapplicable elements based on the type.

• 3. Re: Creating different interfaces
              weasel

Thank you I finally managed to do what I wanted!