1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 10:49 AM by TSGal

FMGo 14 Value Lists, Use Value From Field:  Blanks omitted, unSorted?

ScottBleackley

FMGo 14 Value Lists, Use Value From Field: 

• if I have a first field that is Empty ( and should be ) and the Second Field with a Value
                • the resulting Popup simply omits the record with the empty field.
                • This is a serious problem, should appear and return empty

• The other issue here is Sorting
                • The only options are to sort by first or second field
                • ideally we want to use the arbitrary creation order, or the order they are displayed in the table, of the records in the related table.
                     • How can this be achieved?

Finally with regard to the current known issue where the last item in a long value list cannot be selected.
           • the above two issues make it very difficult to create a value from field work around :  (

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you

• 1. Re: FMGo 14 Value Lists, Use Value From Field:  Blanks omitted, unSorted?
          TSGal

ScottBleackley:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

All blank values in a value list based on a field will not be displayed, even if the second field is showing, since the first field is the one being stored.

A value list sort can only be ascending or descending.  A custom sort is not available at this time.

I recommend that you post both of these suggestions to the "Suggest an Idea" board at:

Product Ideas

In FileMaker Go, the inability to select the last item in a long value list has been addressed in FileMaker Go 14.0.4.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.