4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2015 10:55 PM by Suresh

Change IWP Homepage Design

Suresh

Dear All,

Greetings!!

I need to change my IWP Homepage design, somewhere I heard that is possible to change!!

Give me a better suggestions & solutions to prepare the IWP Homepage design as dynamically.

Thanks in Advance!!

Suresh

• 1. Re: Change IWP Homepage Design
          taylorsharpe

IWP or WebDirect?  IWP is pretty old, so just checking.  But if you go to .../FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs folder you can change things there for WebDirect.  I'm not sure the exact path for IWP, but it is similar.  What version of FileMaker are you talking and what OS?

• 2. Re: Change IWP Homepage Design
            Suresh

Dear taylorsharpe,

Thanks for the response!

Taylor Sharpe wrote:

IWP is pretty old

I'm using IWP only(Ya, Its true!! Its pretty old ) But I'm working in a company, same Older Hardware & Softwares! No more upgradation!! Need to handle with those everything!!

Anyway, Here my configuration details!

FileMaker Pro/OS Version     :     FileMaker Pro 12 (Windows XP SP3)

FileMaker/Server Version :  FileMaker Server 12 Advanced (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard)

• 3. Re: Change IWP Homepage Design
              taylorsharpe

If on a Mac, you'll go to the root of your hard drive, which probably is "Macintosh HD".  Look in /Macintosh HD/Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/    I'm not sure what folder it is below there and I don't have one that old to get into to check.  But you are looking for the index.html file to edit.  I hope that helps some. 

FileMaker Inc still supports version 12 technically, but a lot of security has been updated since then.  If this server is not on the internet, then that is not much of an issue.  But if it is, I would be a bit concerned about security.  I guess it depends on how valuable your data is and what types of consequences there would be if it was hacked.  The number one reason I hear from people to not upgrade is the cost.  But the upgrade cost is pretty minimal compared to the risk of loosing confidential data or personally identifiable information (birthdates, SSNs, financial data, etc.).

How much do data breaches cost? More than you think | ITworld

How Much Do Data Breaches Cost? Two Studies Attempt a Tally | American Banker

PS, Ooops, I see the server is on Windows.  So the path is C:\Applications (x86)\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\

PPS:  Also, Windows XP is no longer security supported by Microsoft. 

• 4. Re: Change IWP Homepage Design
                Suresh

Thanks for the suggestion taylorsharpe