9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 9:40 AM by FileKraft

FMS13 no longer backing up - no error

connollymp

Time appropriate greetings, everyone!

Has anyone else experienced FMS simply... not giving you any indication of what's going wrong, when something clearly is??

In my case, an instance of Filemaker Server 13.0.5.520 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) is insisting it's still running a scheduled daily backup, and the last time it successfully completed was on October 9th at 4AM.  There are a couple of weird things going on here:

1) It actually completed a successful backup this Friday, the 23rd, at 4AM, and it shows complete, spotless consistency checks having taken place in Event.log.  So the admin panel is... wrong.

2) There is nothing out of the ordinary being listed anywhere.  Not the Windows event log, not in the admin panel, and certainly not in any files on the drive FMS is installed on (believe me, I combed through pretty much any esoteric file I could find in hopes of finding some obscure temporary file screaming at me of a problem).

3) There are plenty of resources to go around - tons of space on the backup drive, tons of available memory, and not a single other thing running on this box besides FMS; this exact same setup has been working for us since our FM 11 deployment way back when.

I can't seem to find anyone else online experiencing this exact same issue, as least not to the extent my Google-fu permits!  So please, ladies and gents, any thoughts on what could be going wrong?

Regards,

Michael Connolly