1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 12:28 PM by TSGal

Layout loses theme/styling

mikethecreative

Product and version: FileMaker Pro 14.0.3 (but it's happened in 13 also)

OS and version: Mac OS El Capitan (also happened when I had Yosemite)

Description: Some when I go into Edit Layout mode, when I click anything all of my themes and styles on that layout will disappear. It's very frustrating. I have to then apply styling to each field all over again and hopefully remember which styles were on each field. It happens to me on my Mac version of FM and also to a coworker on this PC version. I really think it's a bug because it doesn't happen every time. I just recently upgraded to FM 14 and was hoping this wouldn't happen to me but today is the third time it has happened this past week!! So annoying.

• 1. Re: Layout loses theme/styling
          TSGal

mikethecreative:

Thank you for your post.

I have not encountered this issue, and to date, this issue has not been previously reported.

Does this issue of losing styles occur on a specific layout or several layouts? If a specific layout, what theme is being used?  Try creating a new layout, apply a theme, add some fields, apply some styles, etc.  I understand this issue is not easily reproduced, but occasionally, return this layout and do some editing.  If this issue is occurring with several layouts, then create a new database file, apply a theme, add some fields, apply some styles, etc.  When the issue occurs again on your original file, immediately open the new file and see if the same issue occurs.  This will let me know if it is file related or FileMaker/system related.

Since this is also happening to a coworker under Windows, what can you tell me about the coworker's database file?  That is, what theme is being used, the objects on the layout, etc.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.