Bug: If you change the width of a text object bounding box, the behavior of the text object changes and can not be changed back.
Here is how you reproduce this bug
1. Create a text object on a layout in FileMaker 13 or 14
2. Increase the point size and notice the the bounding box increase in size
3. Decrease the point size and notice the bounding box decrease nicely
4. Increase the width of the text object
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 while noticing the different behavior.
6. Try and figure out how to restore the behavior that existed before step 4... There is no way to fix this using the user interface!
There are good reasons for text objects with different behaviors. The bug is that making a change is a one way trip that leaves you stranded in a land of decreased productivity with no choice.
The changes made as per the steps above change the flag here: <TextObj flags="0"> to <TextObj flags="2">
If you look to see what the “TextObj flags” are here...
...you see that the documentation is incomplete.
This bug is an issue for developers around the world as shown by this blog post:
The bug does not exist in FileMaker 11