1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 2:23 PM by TSGal

Bug: Get ( CurrentDate ) as text uses cached system settings

WillM.Baker

FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.3

Mac OS 10.11.1

When Get ( CurrentDate ) is converted to a text string (either by using GetAsText, or concatenating it with some other string), the date format seems to use a system setting cached at the time of the file creation, even if the file is currently configured to "always use current system settings".

See attached file, which I assume was originally created when my system settings were configured as DD/MM/YYYY. Now the text version of Get ( CurrentDate ) uses that format, rather than my current system settings.

Toggling the File Options dialog between "current system settings" and "file's saved settings" has no effect.

GetCurrentDate.png

• 1. Re: Bug: Get ( CurrentDate ) as text uses cached system settings
          TSGal

WillM.Baker:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue.  Calculations use file format instead of system format if the result is Text.  The workaround is to make a clone of the file in the system format desired (thereby creating a new file), and then import the data from the original file.

I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.