6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 12:46 AM by Hudi

Perform Script on Server

Hudi

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Perform Script On Server. FMS14 is running just fine and I can access all databases remotely. The only trouble is that anytime PSOS is executed on the client it freezes and I need to force quit FMP. Perhaps the server scripting engine is down, that has happened to the hosting company I use but never on my server.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Perform Script on Server
          coherentkris

1. Check your script for infinite loops.

2. Check your script to see if every script step is server side compatible.

3. Does the script have the context knowledge it needs to run on server? FMS sessions do not know anything about the context (current layout / current found set) of the client session.

4. Does the script rely on globals that are not explicitly passed to the server session via script parameter? FMS sessions do not know anything about the context (globals) of the client session.

5. What do you mean by "that has happened to the hosting company I use but never on my server." are you trying to access files not on your server? Server processes can only natively access the files on the server. Files extertnal to the FMS can be accessed but only when an opener file is used that propagates the FMS authentication data between servers

• 2. Re: Perform Script on Server
            Hudi

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. The database is choking on scripts that have been running on the server for months with no problem. I created a simple script with only a 'go to layout' step and ran that on the server with the same result. There is something definitely going on with the server. I checked the server log and I see "authentication failed on database ( My database )".

Thanks

• 3. Re: Perform Script on Server
              coherentkris

Then check that:

1. Your server hardware meets or exceeds the minimum requirements for FMS.

2. Your on a supported operating system.

3. Your .fmp12 file(s) are not corrupt.

4. Your server is doing only FileMaker server.

5. Your accounts and privileges are set up correctly

• 4. Re: Perform Script on Server
                wimdecorte

also make sure that you have not made changes to the OnOpen script that could cause this.  All PSoS calls will run the "on first window open" script if there is one configured.  If you have server incompatible steps in there that may throw you off.

• 6. Re: Perform Script on Server
                  Hudi

Thanks for the help everyone. I tried restarting it and that didn't help.

I ended up disabling all the scheduled scripts because I think one of them

was the culprit. I then stopped and restarted the Script Engine

Windows CLI:

fmsadmin stop fmse

fmsadmin start fmse

I still haven't found out which script caused this but I will test them all

today.

Thanks again for all the help!