8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 10:16 AM by jonaswinfield@hotmail.com

Transferring fields from one table to another

jonaswinfield@hotmail.com

Greetings all:

This is my first post so please bear with me.  I've seen questions similar to this online but not dealing exactly with what I'm looking for.  My scenario is this:

I've created a database to keep track of proposals for my company.  One field holds the date the proposal is due. Based on that due date, a list of other fields automatically populate with dates for other tasks. All of these date fields are attributes in the same table since they only pertain to one proposal. So far, so good.

Now what I'd like to do is create a timeline that shows all of these tasks sorted by date across all proposals to get a sense of priority. I'm thinking that I would need to have all of the date fields for every proposal automatically transfer to a new table so that they are all in the same table together. Then, I could create the timeline on a new layout, perhaps in record view, sorted by date.

Hopefully that's clear enough for you understand what I'm trying to do. If you can help me understand how to transfer fields from one table to another or have a better way of doing the whole thing, I'd appreciate it.

Jonas