5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 1:26 PM by duffykobe

Filemaker Go 14 Crashes

duffykobe

I have a filemaker 13 Pro file which has worked fine on filemaker 13 Go on the iPad. But recently I switched to Filemaker 14 and this file now starts crashing as soon as I enter a value for a field which never had any problems before. I tried recovering the file, but the report said it did not have any errors and the recovered file also crashes on Filemaker Go 14, on the iPad. The file works fine in Filemaker Pro 14.

I looked at the scripts around about where the crash occurs but it is just a simple move to field script.

Please let me know anything I can do to fix this.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Go 14 Crashes
          TSPigeon

duffykobe:

Thank you for your post.

I understand this crash is only occurring on FileMaker Go 14 with your iPad. If you could provide some more information:

-Are you updated to FileMaker Go 14.0.3?

-Is a crash occurring when accessing other files on the iPad?

-Is a crash occurring with this file on another device using FileMaker Go 14.0.3?

-Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Go 14.0.3? (Does this resolve?)

I look forward to your response!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Filemaker Go 14 Crashes
            duffykobe

-Are you updated to FileMaker Go 14.0.3? - Yes

-Is a crash occurring when accessing other files on the iPad? - Yes

-Is a crash occurring with this file on another device using FileMaker Go 14.0.3? - Yes

-Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Go 14.0.3? (Does this resolve?) - Uinstalled, Reinstalled and nope does not resolve it

Thanks

• 3. Re: Filemaker Go 14 Crashes
              duffykobe

I have now been able to resolve this, the offending script was a Go To Field command set on the field exit action.

I don't understand why this would cause it to crash. Would it be because of a tab order that already existed on that field and when a script was set on the same field to move to the next field, it caused a crash?

So the situation was field 1 had a script that used a Go To Field command to go to the next field 2, and at the same time there was a tab order from field 1 to field 2.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Filemaker Go 14 Crashes
                schamblee

I would bet there is something corrupt on your layout.  Recover does not always detect corruption. 

If the layout is not large I would recreate the layout.  If you create a new layout do not copy anything from the old layout because the corrupt object can be copied to the new layout.   You might try deleting and recreating the fields involved, the field with the script trigger and the field that the script goes to.  

• 5. Re: Filemaker Go 14 Crashes
                  duffykobe

Yes you are right, I recreated it and it worked fine.

Thanks!