3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 7:55 PM by SethRedlus

XML Import in Server-Scheduled Script Fails with Error 100

SethRedlus

Hello All-

I am attempting to schedule an import of an XML file with XSLT stylesheet via a scheduled import and it continually fails. I have a plugin that is delivering the XML data file to my documents folder located at:

/Macintosh HD/Library/Filemaker Server/Data/Documents/file.xml

I have confirmed through the Get (DocumentsPath) function that this is the correct location.

For simplicity, I have co-located the XSLT Stylesheet in the same folder.

In my script, I have a line that reads

Import Records [No dialog ; file.xml; stylesheet.xslt ; Update matching; Mac Roman ]

I have made a series of attempts to enter different locations for the file, including (and not limited to):

file:/Macintosh HD/Library/Filemaker Server/Data/Documents/file.xml (and same for the stylesheet)

file:file.xml

file:/Library/Filemaker Server/Data/Documents/file.xml

filemac:/Macintosh HD/Library/Filemaker Server/Data/Documents/file.xml (and same for the stylesheet)

filemac:/Library/Filemaker Server/Data/Documents/file.xml

I've even tried inserting pre-constructed variables such as $XMLFile, which was constructed with Get (DocumentsPath) & "file.xml"

Not having any luck. Am I missing something here?

Thanks all for your help.

• 1. Re: XML Import in Server-Scheduled Script Fails with Error 100
          Menno

Error 100 means the file is missing, but I think that also occurs when the access-settings to the file are wrong as well.

FileMaker Server runs under a certain user and the files should be accessible for that usee. Open the terminal and paste the following command there:

ls -l /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Library/FileMaker\ Server/Data/Documents/

The result should look something like:

-rwxrwxr-x  2 fmserver  fmsadmin   68 12 dec  2012 sheet.xsl

-rwxrwxr-x  3 fmserver  fmsadmin  102 13 okt 11:27 file.xml

If it is looking like

-rwxrwx---- 2 otheruser othergroup  etc.etc

FMS won't be able to open it and you should edit the modifier and / or the owner setting for the file using chown or chmod

• 2. Re: XML Import in Server-Scheduled Script Fails with Error 100
            SethRedlus

Thanks. I checked and the XSLT files had a different owner, so I changed them to fmserver, and I also just to be sure chmod to 777 on all the necessary files. Still no dice, and still a 100 error.

• 3. Re: XML Import in Server-Scheduled Script Fails with Error 100
              SethRedlus

I've managed to partially figure it out, though not sure I'm happy with the results.

In the Import settings, if I specify Arrange by: to "Custom Input Order" the import works, but if I select "Matching Field Names" I get the 100 error. Not quite sure why that is, hopefully I can work around it. Does that sound like a bug, or is that an intentional operation?