1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 10:29 AM by TSGal

FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container

sprynmd

I have a simple one-table flat file I created in FMPA 13 as an icon library.  It has 153 records with each record having three containers (images) and some text fields.  It is a local file (not on a server).

When I open the file on my Mac with FMPA 14 then start scrolling through the list, some containers show the wrong images.  The wrong images are from other records.  Different actions cause the images to change to the correct image:

• Select the bad row (by clicking on it or cmd-arrow-down to the row)

• Scroll the bad row off the bottom then back on

• Omit a record above or below the bad row

I even had one row change to a different wrong image before finally showing the correct one.

The problem is pretty consistent.  Even after I get all the records showing correct images, if I close the file and reopen it the bad images are back.  There does seem to be some randomness as to which records are bad, but there are always some.

I recovered the file, cloned empty then imported the data, and I still have the same trouble.  I also restarted FMPA 14 and rebooted my computer with no change.

Opening the same file with FMPA 13 has no problems at all.

I would attach the file, but the images are purchased with a copyright.

Example:

This is what I see when I first scroll the records into view.  The second row is supposed to look like the first row but in green.  Instead it has planes from another row.  The fourth and fifth rows are supposed to look like row three but in green and white.

FMP14_container_bad.tiff

This is what I get by just clicking on each bad row once:

FMP14_container_good.tiff

My configuration:

• MacBook Pro Retina

• OS X 10.11.1

• FMPA 14.0.3

• FMPA 13.0v5

Any thoughts/suggestions?

...Mike

• 1. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
          TSPigeon

sprynmd:

Thank you for your post.

I have been unable to reproduce this behavior in FileMaker Pro 14.0.3 (Advanced) on Mac OS X or the Windows Operating System. These are the steps used in my attempt:

1. Created a single table file with 3 containers per record

2. Input sample .png files to 100 records

3. Viewed as List and scrolled through records

4. Closed and reopened file

5. Repeated step 3.

I had no inconsistencies in the data it showed. When you ran recovery, does it show the file is damaged? You might try creating a new file and importing your images.

Please let me know if there is further information needed to reproduce.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
            sprynmd

TSPigeon:

Thanks for the quick response!

The recovery said "Recover built a new database without detecting any problems."

What if I were to send you a copy of the file?

...Mike

• 3. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
              TSPigeon

sprynmd:

I would be happy to take a look at the file and attempt to reproduce. Check your inbox in just a few minutes for instructions on sending me your file.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                TSPigeon

sprynmd:

It may be a few minutes. It seems we are currently unable to send messages. Thank you for your patience!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                  bigtom

I have seen something like this happen in list view and table view when the connection to the server is slow or there is a ton of data moving to the client. It populates the wrong images into containers. It usually updates the image after a few seconds, but sometimes on FMGo in list view the wrong image stays stored in the container until the row is selected. Sometimes the image is random and sometimes the same image goes in all the containers.

This does not happen often for me at all but I have experienced it. Usually with FMGo a bad connection and tons of data moving. Although no exactly like what you describe I hope this info may help.

• 6. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                    sprynmd

TSPigeon:

I now have a log file also which may be informative.  So, when you're ready.

...Mike

• 7. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                      TSPigeon

sprynmd:

Apologies. The Private Messaging system still seems to be down... They are aware of the issue and have been working on it. Let me check to see if we have any other options. Thanks again for your patience.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                        sprynmd

Thanks, TSPigeon.  Files sent.

...Mike

• 9. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                          sprynmd

bigtom:

Thanks for the info.  I haven't used this DB with FMGo to see if the problem carries over to there.  If I get a chance, that might be interesting to try.

I might have seen some images correct as time passes, but I can't say that for sure.  Clicking on the record always corrects the images.

I have the strong impression the problem occurs more frequently when I'm scrolling SLOWLY.  The problem seems to happen less when I scroll quickly (using a Magic Mouse for the scrolling).  I can get a good record to go bad by scrolling it off the bottom out of view then back up.  That sometimes corrects a bad image.  Also, my console log is showing "Cocoa scripting" and ".sdef warning for type 'list' attribute" errors.  All that was sent to TSPigeon.

...Mike

• 10. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                            TSPigeon

sprynmd:

I have been able to reproduce the issue in your file. So far a clone and recovery has not resolved. I'm going to do some testing in a new file. If I can reproduce in a new file we can report the issue. If I can import your data in a new file it may be corruption. I'll let you know what I find.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                              TSPigeon

sprynmd:

Thank you for your patience.

I am unable to replicate the issue in a new file. I created a new file which is nearly identical to the one you sent me. I imported your data straight from the database you sent over. I have closed and reopened the file several times and have had no issue with the containers. My guess is that you have corruption in the database (possibly just the table itself) and if you build a new file, and import your data, the issues would resolve. Recover tries to report a damaged file, but it is not completely reliable.

I hope this information is of use. Let me know if you have any further information!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                                sprynmd

TSPigeon:

Thanks for the time.  Sorry I did't try that before posting here.

...Mike

• 13. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                                  sprynmd

TSPigeon:

New info - I need to resurrect this issue.  I now believe the problem was not a corrupt database but is related to container conditional formatting.

I recreated the database as you suggested and initially could not recreate the problem.  But, once I re-implemented all of my previous features the problem resurfaced.

In my database (which is an icon library), some of the icons are white.  Since the white icons can be difficult to see, I added conditional formatting to the containers to change the background color to a darker color whenever the color field is set to "white".  When I added this conditional formatting to my new database, the wrong-image problem came back.

Then, I went back to my original database which I sent you and deleted the conditional formatting.  The problem went away.

So, my current impression is that conditional formatting of the container background color is causing wrong images to be shown under certain scenarios.

...Mike

• 14. Re: FMPA 14 showing wrong image in container
                                    TSPigeon

sprynmd:

Thank you for the information.

I had tried simply unchecking the box for conditional formatting and the issue still occurred. Completely removing the condition itself and reopening the database seems to resolve. I am sending this information to Testing and Development. When I receive feedback I will post on this thread.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 Previous Next