AnsweredAssumed Answered

Writing a script to import into various tables

Question asked by angelal on Oct 28, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2015 by angelal

Hi everyone

I am in the process of putting together a few scripts that are going to do a couple of imports and I need some help.

What I need to achieve is a script that imports nominations into a table called "Nominations" these nominations are of umpires who are being nominated by their local umpiring group to trial for a position on the state league panels for the following year, it is once per year process.

These nominations are completed on a web form that is exported to Excel and then I want to import them into FM

The import into the Nominations table itself isn't the problem but what I then want to do is to create a new record in my "People" table if that umpire isn't already in the database and link the nomination to the person by the Person UUID, this is where I am coming unstuck.

I have tried first importing into the People table and using the update matching records based on their first and last names and then import the nominations as a second step however I can't see how to match up the UUID in the People table to the match field I have in my Nominations Table

Gosh I hope that make sense to someone out there :-)

Any advice would be appreciated

Outcomes