1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2015 11:36 AM by bosch_bastiaan

Writing FMP to a Wiki (FMP Server 14 on a mac mavericks server) SQL not working

kirstyc

I've spent many hours over many months trying to sort this, and I'm at a loss.

Background: our company uses a Twiki wiki, including a separate page for every customer. I need to publish information from our FMP14 database to the wiki.

For databases hosted on our old Windows server, this was easy: integrate an SQL table into the FMP database, then each wiki page took the relevant info from the SQL database with a dynamic query based on the customer ID. However, I can't for the life of me get this to work with our shiny new Mac server. I have checked and double-checked that the database and the server are set up for ODBC connections and tried

Things I have tried:

1. Creating an ODBC connection to the SQL database on the Windows server using the Filemaker ODBC. I get the error "Failed to connect to listener (2)"
      2. Creating a MySQL database on the Mac server. The FM database just keeps asking for login credentials to the MySQL database (doesn't seem to accept any configuation)

I have tried the Actual Database SQL plugin, but also get the problem of the login not being accepted (a la number 2 above).

It's driving me crazy.

Can anyone help? Either with getting the mac server installation talking to SQL or another way to get FMP data onto a Twiki page. Although I've got 10 years FMP experience, feel free to talk to me like a 5 year old in case I've missed something very obvious.

(BTW, the data needs to be live so I'd rather a solution that doesn't involve exporting \ importing the data via a script).

Thanks!

Kirsty

1 2 Previous Next