AnsweredAssumed Answered

Navigating to and from a list view, suggestions?

Question asked by ryanmead83 on Oct 31, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2015 by Mike_Mitchell

I have a CRM system in FileMaker but was wondering how most people handle this.  When I go to my Opportunity list view, it lists all opportunities I have.  Clicking one takes me to that record.  The problem is that unlike in Salesforce or whatever, you can't just press back and go back to where you were if you go into an opportunity, make a change and want to go back to that layout.  You have to navigate through the menus to get there and what not.  I've tried having it open opps in a new window but it's not efficient since it's not obvious you have a new window open and usually end up keeping both open.  Navigating back is just a pain because you have different views and filters like My Opportunities, Team Opportunities etc so can't just have a button on all Opportunity layouts to go back there since there's 4 different places they could have come from.  Other than using Popups which for some reason just full on no longer work for us anymore, what do most people do?  Hoping for some advice as we're finding we seldom use the list view because of this issue.  Thanks!

Outcomes