2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 9:35 AM by TSGal

Portal sorting causes FileMaker to crash

kvdb

Product and version: FileMaker Pro Advanced14.0.3

OS and version: 10.9.5 - OS X

Description: I have one table with more then 100 000 records in it. On one specific layout i use a portal with sorting embedded in the relationship. After my application opens I go to that specific layout where the portal is drawn on. FileMaker shows a dialog that he is sorting the records. At the end of this dialog FileMaker crashes.

A basic FileMaker function causes a crash? Quit critical in my eys. At the customer side I solved the problem by reducing the amount of records in the sorted portal. However when you load the database remotely through a slower internet connection FileMaker crashes again..

How to replicate: Create a table with many records. Create a layout with a portal sorted through the relationship or in the portal itself (I used descending on the primary key).

You can find an example file on the following location: http://kevinvdb.be/fmcrash.fmp12.zip

Workaround:

A. Place the portal on your layout where the application starts on. The portal will load and is sorted without a crash.

B. Reduce the amount of portal records