2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 8:40 AM by amandahbell

Why is my WebDirect Export only showing a few records?

amandahbell

Please be kind, I'm not a developer just trying to get some organization in my office.

Running 14.0.3 on Windows file hosted on server.

Here is my script:

Sort Records by Field [Ascending; Inventory::Availability]

Export Records [Window (ANSI)]

Go to Layout ["Inventory | Web" (Inventory)]

I have 314 records but only 1-4 download, and I don't know why. That is my biggest problem right now.

Ideally I'd like to have it produce an Excel file, but I'll take a .mer file because I know that the Excel download is not compatible with Web.

I'd also really like it to just create the file for the user to download without having to do too many pop-up boxes, but it won't let me get the desktop path. So the user has to go through all of the pop-ups.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Why is my WebDirect Export only showing a few records?
          steveromig

Please be kind, I'm not a developer just trying to get some organization in my office.

Running 14.0.3 on Windows file hosted on server.

Here is my script:

Sort Records by Field [Ascending; Inventory::Availability]

Export Records [Window (ANSI)]

Go to Layout ["Inventory | Web" (Inventory)]

I have 314 records but only 1-4 download, and I don't know why. That is my biggest problem right now.

Ideally I'd like to have it produce an Excel file, but I'll take a .mer file because I know that the Excel download is not compatible with Web.

I'd also really like it to just create the file for the user to download without having to do too many pop-up boxes, but it won't let me get the desktop path. So the user has to go through all of the pop-ups.

Thanks!

The number one reason why an export does not contain the number of records you are expecting is because of the found set you have / had at the time of export. 

I'd double-check that your found set is not 1-4 records but instead is the full 314 records (or a subset thereof) that you want to export.  Since your script does not do a "find" then it is very possible your export script is acting on your found set of records.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Why is my WebDirect Export only showing a few records?
            amandahbell

OK, I added a clear found set and then realized it was grouping the export.

Thank you for the help!

Amanda H Bell

Ecology Sampling Coordinator

National Water-Quality Assessment Program

USGS Wisconsin Water Science Center

8505 Research Way

Middleton, WI 53562

Phone: 608-821-3882

Fax: 608-821-3817

Cell: 608-282-5095

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not reflect the

view of the government.