AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can we hide the Quick Find control in Webdirect?

Question asked by Malcolm on Nov 3, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2015 by Suresh

I don't want to provide Quick Find to my web direct users. We have behaviour that is triggered by the change of event, from find mode to browse mode and Quick Find does not set off triggers. It may set of an onRecordLoad trigger: if the current record is in the new found set the trigger is not generated. It may be that 99% of finds will change the current record but that leaves the 1% to annoy everyone.


The problem is that the quickfind box is placed invitingly beside the magnifying glass. Our users think that the magnifying glass is an icon which labels or marks the find box. We are trying to train them otherwise but we have to convince them that a standard device is not what it seems. Marks off for UI design FileMaker.


Is there anything that we can do or are we stuck with this situation.