2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2015 1:08 AM by donhoogkamer

Countdown field

donhoogkamer

Hi everybody,

I am creating a FM solution where I can take in and keep track of repair items for my customers. I'm trying to finish the repairs within 24 hours after the customer delivered the product. So basically I have a few fields. One field is an auto entry timestamp for the date and time of the record entry. The second field automatically adds 24 hours to the first timestamp. In order to keep track of the repairs I created a portal where I can list and sort the repairs based on the time they should be finished.

In this same portal I would like to have a field that keeps track of the total duration of the repair. So instead of showing the repair end timestamp I would like to show the duration that the repair is at the repair desk. So basically it is some sort of timer. Should I create some kind of interval script or is there a better way to do this? I would also like the timer to stop at the end of the repair in order to see weekly statistics about average repair times etc.

Hopefully it's clear to you what I am trying to create and somebody could help me out :-)