AnsweredAssumed Answered

show contacts from one company at a time?

Question asked by sydbarker on Nov 2, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 by sydbarker

I think I am just missing  something so very obvious as to what is going on, but I can't figure it out.

What I have is a contacts database that I need to be able to see all contacts associated with a certain company, but my one to many relationship is a little confusing.

I have multiple companies with multiple contacts who are all associated with multiple projects, but at the same time, one contact could be related to multiple companies so I'm not sure how to structure this. below is a screenshot of my relationships so far. They are joined by a serial number field in the Personnel table and a regular number field from the additional tables.

On my contact entry page, when a contact is entered, the CompanyName field is from the Company table. What I tried to do afterwards was make a layout based on the Company table, and place a portal on the layout based on the Personnel table to be able to look at all contacts associated with one company. Instead, the companies are not grouping with associated contacts.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on, or how these tables and relationships should be structured in order to view all contacts associated with each company, view all contacts associated with each project, and all companies associated with each project.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Outcomes