2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 11:54 AM by skipmckee

how do you increment data in middlewords

skipmckee

we have a excel spread sheet that has multiple records that we would like to separate.

is there a way to increment in middle words function

record (b1 b2 b3)

to

records

b1

b2

b3

thanks

• 1. Re: how do you increment data in middlewords
          Mike_Mitchell

Skip -

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, but I think what you're asking is, "Can I separate data in a single cell into multiple records?" The simple answer is "yes". Typically, you would write a script that loops over the values and creates new records on each iteration. If the data exist as your example shows (where they're separated by spaces), you might do something like this:

Set Variable [ $valueList ; Substitute ( originalData ; " " ; "¶" ) ]    // This converts the original data into a list

Go to Layout [ {layout based on table where you want new records created} ]

Loop

Set Variable [ $curValue ; GetValue ( $valueList ; 1 ) ]

New Record / Request

Set Field [ {field corresponding to values} ; $curValue ]

Set Variable [ $valueList ; RightValues ( $valueList ; ValueCount ( $valueList ) - 1 ) ]

Exit Loop If [ ValueCount ( $valueList ) < 1 ]

End Loop

Go to Layout [ original layout ]

However, this method may not work properly with your particular data set. I really don't have enough information about your situation to say with certainty that it's a good fit. So let us know if this doesn't work.

HTH

Mike

• 2. Re: how do you increment data in middlewords
            skipmckee

Thank you

I found that I have a variable labeled incorrectly.

Thank you again for you r time

Skip McKee

Graphics Design

North Wind Inc

Phone: (864) 467-0811

Email: amckee@northwindgrp.com

Please consider the environment before printing.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be business sensitive and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail. We appreciate your cooperation.