5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 11:01 AM by ryanmead83

How do I remove Exchange Manipulator? It hijacked my FM

ryanmead83

Hi everyone,

I wanted to try integrating FM with Outlook so I downloaded the demo at Outlook Manipulator - Connecting FileMaker Pro to Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server of this program.  The download is a zip file with a 32 bit and 64 bit plugin in .fmx64 format and a database.  When I'd run either it would never work, I think because it says you need matching versions of Outlook and FM (both 64 bit or whatever).  FM is 64 bit and Outlook is 32 and I'm not deleting Outlook to use 64 bit.  So I deleted the zip file.

Now however any time I start FM, the FileMaker logo spash screen is gone and replaced with this hideous Exchange Manipulator one, saying "This screen will go away once you buy Exchange Manipulator and that you must now wait a delayed period to load your application" then it sits there for like 15 seconds before opening FileMaker.  That alone has turned me right off this company and I wouldn't use them even if it did work.  It also puts this huge warning on the splash screen about "YOU ARE USING AN UNPAID VERSION.  THIS SPLASH SCREEN WILL BE REMOVED ONCE YOU PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT" which was so embarassing when doing a customer demo ON FileMaker and I load it on a projector to have it say that, makes me look like I'm using a cracked version of FileMaker.

I went under developer options and everywhere I could think of but I can't find anything.  I've emailed them but haven't heard back so thought I'd post here.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: How do I remove Exchange Manipulator? It hijacked my FM
          mikebeargie

Under preferences in filemaker there is a plugins tab, just uncheck the plugin from there and the plugin and it will not load.

Productive Computing has a phone number listed on their website, call them. They are a great company and very helpful, and their products are quite useful.

Your issues with the plugin sound like an improper install. Did you install both the 32 and 64 bit plugins at the same time?

• 2. Re: How do I remove Exchange Manipulator? It hijacked my FM
            schamblee

I have not used this program.  Most plugins are installed in the Extensions folder located in the FM folder.  If the plugin is located in this folder then you should be able to delete it from this folder.

• 3. Re: How do I remove Exchange Manipulator? It hijacked my FM
              ryanmead83

Thanks everyone the preferences worked!  I didn't even see that as FileMaker puts the preferences under the Edit menu and not File so I didn't even think to look there for preferences.  Disabling it worked it seems.  I tried both plugins but neither worked, but it says they have to match, so can't have 32 bit Outlook and 64 bit FileMaker.  Most people know Outlook in 64 bit is not recommended since most plugins don't work (Microsoft even does themselves, as we have Office 365 which includes the desktop apps and when you go to download them it says 32 bit - recommended, and you have to actually go in and edit and force 64 bit if you want it).  I also don't want to run 32 bit FileMaker since that wouldn't make sense either.  Just glad to have this uninstalled now, thanks!!

• 4. Re: How do I remove Exchange Manipulator? It hijacked my FM
                mikebeargie

in actuality you haven't uninstalled it, just disabled it. To uninstall it you need to remove it from the extensions folder like schamblee noted.

What exactly was your original goal of email integration? There might be a different way of doing what you're trying to do.

• 5. Re: How do I remove Exchange Manipulator? It hijacked my FM
                  ryanmead83

Yeah I think it's just disabled but that's fine as it doesn't show that annoying splash at least.  We were just trying to find a way to integrate the systems, mainly to attach emails easily to FileMaker records like most CRMs, or access FileMaker data from outlook.  What I've found works best is just dragging the Outlook email into a container field in FM and then I have a script that opens it up when selected.