3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2015 7:02 PM by JimBrear

Cursor Display Filemaker 14 and Windows on Laptop computers

JimBrear

I have recently updated one of my clients to FileMaker 14. All client machines are running the v3 patch.

The upgrade went without a problem but in the 2 weeks since I have been getting complaints about cursors not appearing in the correct place when a location in a text field is clicked.

The users having problems are using various configurations of laptop computers attached to larger monitors (which I do not recommend, but I am not their IT Department).

I have not been able to reproduce the problem on any of my desktop computers, all running 24" monitors, or on FileMaker Client running on their Server..

However, I have been able to reproduce the problem on my Dell laptop.  In a multiple line text field cursor positioning becomes increasingly problematic the further you progress down the field.  So the cursor will appear a space, or a number of spaces from where the user clicks making accurate editing problematic. These guys spend most of their lives writing client notes in the system so the situation is becoming a bit of a nightmare for them.

This problem did not occur in the previously used FileMaker 12 nor are any other programs affected.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Any known cures?

Thanks for your help