1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 8:19 PM by jbrown

Can't seem to filter a portal

juandent

Hi,

I have a layout for the table T06_Conceptos, and a portal for the table T06a_con_StatementLines||id_concepto|, and they are united via id_concepto.

In T06_Conceptos, I have 2 global storage fields g_endDate and g_StartDate. The portal has the following filter:

-------------

T06a_con_StatementLines||id_concepto|::LINE_DATE  ≤ T06_Conceptos::g_endDate and T06a_con_StatementLines||id_concepto|::LINE_DATE  ≥ T06_Conceptos::g_startDate

--------------

But it does not work!!

Any ideas appreciated!

Juan

• 1. Re: Can't seem to filter a portal
          jbrown

Hi.

It seems that portal filters need a good refresh once you change the value of a global field (or two).

Are you using FileMaker 14? IF so, you can name the portal (Inspector / Position Tab, top area). Then use a script that has the step "Refresh Portal [<<portal name>>]"

You'd have to then run this via a button on the layout that the user clicks on after updating the date fields, or run it as a script trigger on the fields. Script triggers will run before or after an event, so I would use the onExit trigger. To assign a script trigger, right-click on the field in layout mode, Choose "Set Script Triggers" and choose the onExit one.