Product and version
FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.3
OS and version
OS X 10.11.1
No method of programmatically placing an EPS file in a container field results in the EPS image being displayed in the field. I suspected this might be because the EPS files I'm working with do not contain raster previews, but manually placing the same EPS file in a field does result in displaying the image. I have compared this issue to other known issues; the crux of the other issues seems to be the details of the EPS file contents, whereas the difference in behavior here is how an EPS file was inserted in a container field.
I found two other problems while trying alternative methods to solve this:
1. Converting an EPS file — which is plain text data — to base 64 and back to the original file does not result in the same data as converting the same file to base 64 to text to base 64 and back to container.
2. The Insert Picture script step returns error 100 (File is missing) for the same path that the Insert File script step has no problem with.
How to replicate
(See attached file.)
1. Insert an EPS file manually in a container field.
2. Set a container field using Base64Decode ( Base64Encode ( original ) ; GetContainerAttribute ( original ; "filename" ) ).
3. Set a container field using Base64Decode ( Base64Encode ( Base64Decode ( Base64Encode ( original ) ) ) ; $fileName ). (Convert to plain text and back, via base 64.)
4. Export the EPS file. Use the Insert Picture script step to set a container field.
5. Export the EPS file. Use the Insert File script step to set a container field.
5. Export the EPS file. Use the Insert from URL script step to set a container field.