AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tables and table-links needed for student registrations per semester

Question asked by paulanevaresw on Nov 9, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2016 by paulanevaresw

Hello,

I'm using FileMaker Pro 8.5 (I know, it's an old version, but the main elements are there) and I'm trying to make a database that would allow me to register students in different courses, different programs and different semesters.

So I have 2 tables so far:

A table called "Programs", where I have the different Academic Programs that we offer.

A table called "Courses", where I have the different Courses that we offer, available to all programs.

A table called "Students", where I have the list of my students and their info.

The problem I'm having is that I would like to register students to a specific course (or courses), inside a specific program and inside a specific semester, and I don't know how to set my tables (or the link-s between them) to do so.

So far, I've done single table databases or multi-table databases, but never had to make something this complex.

So I would like my table to allow me to, for example:

Register student Jane Do to the course SPA101 inside her B.A. in Engineering, on the Fall 2015.

Register the same student, Jane Do, to the course ENG310 inside her English Minor, on the Fall 2015 (let's say this student is doing 2 programs at the same time).

Register the same student, Jane Do, to the course SPA101 (because she failed it on the Fall) inside her B.A. in Engineering, on the Winter 2016.

Any ideas?

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

Outcomes